ACAS – Behaviours at work – understanding the unacceptable
Date & Time: 01/08/2017 9:15 am - 1:00 pm | Location: the park inn by radisson
Unacceptable behaviours, such as bullying and harassment or aggressive attitudes, can lead to increased levels of absence, staff turnover, and lower staff morale which can reduce productivity.
The effects of unacceptable behaviours are harmful to all concerned and potentially expensive for organisations with real reputation risks an issue.
This event provides delegates with valuable information about what constitutes unacceptable behaviour and bullying and harassment. We outline what the law says (in regards to the Equality Act) and the views of the Tribunals. We then look at the responsibilities you have as an employer and the implications for choosing not to address these issues.
This half day event will include an examination of equality legislation. The event will focus on enabling delegates to identify different forms of unacceptable behaviours and their impacts on individuals, teams and the organisation as a whole.
Throughout the session we will draw from case studies andreal world employer experiences.
Delegates will leave the session with:
- Increased skills and confidence in identifying issues within the workplace.
- Knowledge of employer responsibilities
- What the law says and the views of the employment tribunals
Anyone wanting to create a better working environment and those with an interest in dignity at work.
- Understanding what constitutes inappropriate workplace behaviours.
- Current legislation in this area.
- Definitions of inappropriate behaviours, in particular bullying and harassment.
- Recognising the effects of bullying and harassment on staff and the organisation.
- What victims can do when subjected to bullying and harassment.
Price £105.00 per person Please note our training events are VAT exempt
Please call Acas on 0300 123 1150 or email email@example.com