DRM Business Training & Consultancy – Employment Law: The Essentials
Date & Time: 29/11/2016 9:00 am - 5:00 pm | Location: The Old Palace Lodge
The purpose of the course:
This one-day workshop provides employers with the background awareness of the key elements of employment legislation. Although focused on protecting employees, legislation allows employers to manage their organisation effectively whilst still meeting their staff obligations. To do this, the right procedures must be in place and used effectively. Employment legislation is forever changing and is focused upon protecting employees. It is therefore vital that employers are aware of their obligations to staff and make sure that their policies and procedures are in line with current legislation. More importantly, clarity, and a ‘reasonable’ approach and perceived fairness are important factors in building motivation from your staff.
Benefits for the organisation:
Compliance with legislation ensures that organisations avoid expensive and disruptive disputes with employees.
Delegates will be more confident and professional in dealing with employment issues and know when and where to seek professional advice.
Who is the course for?
Anyone in a people management role, including owners of small businesses who need to ensure compliance with current legislation.
Topics covered include:
- Overview of employment legislation
- Contracts of employment
- Equality and diversity
- Managing sickness
- Disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Company rules
- Time off – Maternity, paternity, parental & dependents
- Resignation, fair, unfair and constructive dismissal
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand key elements of employment law
- Contractual terms and conditions
- Managing sickness & time off
- Understand disciplinary and grievance processes
- Know what policies and procedures to have and understand their implications
Course Fee: £135 + VAT
– 10% Discount for chamber members