Focusing on Letters of Credit
Date & Time: 13/03/2017 9:30 am - 4:30 pm | Location: Bedfordshire Chamber Of Commerce
Getting paid is a vital part of the sales transaction, so join us to explore the options, and reduce the costs involved in receiving payment. Understand how to improve your security of payment and the roles of the banks, so you realise how you can influence the speed of the movement of the money. We’ll help you understand the intricacies of both Credit and Collection transactions, so you can appreciate how to control your goods with your documents. Delegates will learn why, when & how to use Documentary Letters of Credit (L/cs). This Master Class will guide you through the complexities of L/c rules & regulations (UCP600), so you can be proactive in instructing your customer to encourage L/c clauses that work for you. The role of Documentary Collection will also be explained, as well as Sight & Term Drafts, plus Discounting. Practical tips are offered throughout the session, as well as real‐life examples.
Who is this course for?
This course will appeal to those already using Letters of Credit and/or Documentary Collections, as well as those considering these payment terms. The mystery will be stripped away, so all attendees feel more confident using these Instruments of Payment.
- L/c Formats & Types, Irrevocable & Confirmed • Opening & Advising Procedures, Presentation of Documents & Time Constraints
- L/c Receipt & Checking & Amendments
- Sight & Term, Reimbursement
- Part Shipment, Stage Payment, Service L/cs
- L/c Types, including Back to Back, Transferable, Revolving, Standby
- UCP 600 Customs & Practice for Documentary Credits • Documentary Collections, Consigning, Protesting
- UCP522 Rules for Documentary Collections
If you wish you can bring your own L/c examples to the course, giving you an opportunity to discuss your own experiences and horror stories!
Contact us for details
Bookings are closed for this event.